CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
The Waitemata Chamber of Commerce was formed on May 18th. 1910, at a
Meeting held in the "Waitemata Post' Hall (formerly Oddfellows Hall) in
Clarence St. Mr John HENDERSON, Grocer, occupied the Chair pro tem.,
and Mr. BECKETT, of the 'Post' Staff, acted as
Secretary to the Meeting.
The first Members enrolling at this Meeting were Messrs. R. PARNHAM, J. WALKER, H.O.WILES, L. STEWARD, J. HENDERSON, D. J. MORGAN, S. G. VAILE, T. WAKE, W. STONE, J. McGREGOR, ? TAYLOR, J. LANE, M. A. FORDHAM, Shannon PARSONS Snr., E.V. FULLJAMES, Miller DARLING, A. G. LITTLE, THOMPSON, BECKETT, W. MARSHALL, J. ANDERSON and S. WALKER.
The first Birkenhead Representatives were Messrs. WALLIS and DONNELLY. Mr. PYE was elected to the Chamber Council to Represent Red Vale, and Mr. ARKLE for Arkle's Bay.
In 1923 the Executive was : President F. HELDT Esq., Vice President J.P.P.
CLOUSTON Esq., Committee: Messrs. W. MARKS, T. WALSH, E. CARDY,
J. KING, G. MINCHIN, A. McMURRAY, and J. JOHNSON. Secretary was